The Senior Manager Hardware is responsible for the hardware group, including serial support of the developed products, within the Product Development department.
The Product Development department strives for on time delivery in an agile working environment.
The hardware group is a multidisciplinary and international located group focusing on Electrical Engineering; designing, developing and lay outing of PCBs, and Mechanical Engineering, designing and developing of (plastic) housing including User Experience, and Change Management. Totally 25 persons.
- Realization of the Hardware group objectives
- People management of the Hardware group associates
- Serial support of the developed products
- Infrastructure and equipment for the Electronic Lab
- Compliance of all Hardware group activities to applicable directives and procedures
- Continuously improve processes and work methods
- Ensure necessary instruction and guidance as well as education and personal development.
- Coaching of the employees and support them in their personal development by using people management methods.
- Supervise all Hardware Group activities. Ensure progress and quality and resolve deviations.
- Keep track of all released Hardware group work products which may need support.
- Ensure capability for maintenance and support in terms of competence and equipment.
- Support Senior Manager Product Development in managing the department budget.
- Support Senior Manager Product Development in road mapping future products.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering or comparable.
- 5+ years’ experience in an electrical hardware product development environment.
- Leadership skills and experience in people management in a technical organization.
- Showing the ability to derive own targets from corporate / department targets and deploy them.
- Showing the ability to lead a group of employees with authority, consideration and appreciation.
- Experienced in leading multidisciplinary teams.
- showing the ability to systematically analyse complicated issues correctly and to derive necessary actions and decisions.
- Proficient in English (verbally and in writing), knowledge of German is preferred.
- Knowledge and expertise of:
- Agile work methods, e.g. SCRUM
- Hardware development methods and tools
GENERIC CRITERIA (soft skills):
- Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Thinking in solutions instead of problems, and always looking for solutions to continuously improve the organisation.
- Willing to take risks to seize an opportunity.
- Independent and decisive whilst showing a proactive mind-set
- Showing initiative and making things happen by having a clear picture of one’s own strength and own circle of influence.
- Confident and takes responsibility for one’s own decisions and actions.
- The ability to look beyond one’s own area of responsibility and to see the consequences of one’s own actions on other areas.
- Strategic Thinking
- The ability to predict trends, developments and challenges and act by thinking ahead
- Constructive conflict handling
- The ability to see personal or interpersonal conflicts, to address and solve them objectively.
- Inspiring and able to motivate the team