Instron® is part of ITW, a multi-national US owned, Fortune 200 company that employs nearly 49,000 people. Throughout the 72 years in business, Instron has opened offices across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific. With an expansive network of nearly 1,700 employees globally, Instron employees collectively speak more than 40 languages, enabling us to communicate with customers in their local languages around the world. They cover the world with an installed base of more than 100,000 machines.
With more than 55 years of experience of developing accredited services, Instron Professional Services offers support with:
- More than 300 personnel dedicated to customer service and support
- A local service operation near the customer that provides customer service in their language and enables direct access to Instron’s technical support and application teams
- Parts and equipment supplies that are dispatched the same day from their centers of excellence throughout the world
Instron® welcomes a highly motivated professional Field Service Engineer preferably for the Southern of the Netherlands whose work will reflect Instron’s commitment to total customer satisfaction. The customers in the Benelux are a diversity of companies (DSM, Ten Cate, Teijin Aramid, Kiwa, Smurfit, UT Twente, HAN, Thule, TNO, Unilever, Bosch, Philips, Prodrive, ASML etc.) and industries (research laboratories, manufacturing plants and many Universities and their different departments).
Field Service Engineer
What are you going to do?
After intensive training in Belgium, United Kingdom or Italy you are working from home, you will be responsible for traveling to customer sites in the Netherlands to perform a variety of services including installations, warranty, breakdown, contract servicing, training and calibration as a UKAS accredited technician on the full range of Instron products.
- Ensure that all requests for service are dealt with in a prompt and professional manner and making certain that the service provided reduces the need for servicing to a minimum.
- To arrange servicing schedules in discussion with the Technical Supervisor and the Benelux office team.
- In addition due regard must be taken of the needs of sales by close liaison with the local sales engineers.
- To contact customers within a time period set by the Technical Supervisor, to determine the nature of the inquiry and to agree with the customer a visit date if required which then must be kept to.
- Submit daily to the Technical Supervisor, for approval, a full report of all the activities
The reports required are:
- Field service reports for each job carried out showing the charges to the customer.
- Installation and warranty reports, itemizing defects and problems.
- An expense report detailing all expenditure.
- To make a full contribution to the company’s efforts to reduce costs and to improve quality.
- Maintain service spares stock at an economical operational level for the area.
- Liaise with the Technical Supervisor on a daily basis in respect of all service issues.
- Perform other related duties as may from time to time be specified by the Technical Supervisor.
- Train the customers (all levels) to use the Instron products.
- Can work and think at a HBO level and you have a technical engineering degree (MTS/HTS) in mechanical, electrical, electronic or equivalent with some experience in preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of electromechanical and/or servohydraulic systems.
- Have a broad based knowledge of electrical, mechanical, electronic systems, as well as a familiarity with PC’s including operating systems and Windows applications, is also essential.
- In addition, you must be self-motivated, possess exceptional organizational and time management skills and due to the high level of customer interaction, possess strong interpersonal skills. A positive and customer focused attitude is also required, as well as significant customer facing experience.
- Are able to work with the minimum of day-to-day supervision.
Most important is that you have experience in talking to customers who can be technicians, engineers, professors or managers.
- Besides the Dutch language you should have a good command of the English language so that direct communication with headquarters can be maintained when required.
- Have a driving licence without restrictions
What the offer?
Take this opportunity to join a successful team where you can make an immediate impact.
Enjoy excellent on and off the job training, a competitive salary, company vehicle, appropriate tools/equipment, including a laptop computer and the assurance that you have the support of well-established and growing service operation.
If you have questions please call Wijkamp Werkt at +31 6 10 33 96 51. Edward will tell you more about this interesting position and Instron®.
Qualified applicants should send a resume to email@example.com
Om te solliciteren op deze vacature stuur je je sollicitatie naar firstname.lastname@example.org