worldwide market leader in the materials testing industry.
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services mechanical testing systems.
Have you ever wondered how a potato chip always has the right crispiness level? Or, how your game controller can survive several drops whether you are excited for your win or upset by a loss? How about eyewear (eyeglasses, sunglasses) being able to withstand impact forces?
Founded in 1946, Instron offers a wide variety of testing systems to evaluate the mechanical properties of materials and structures using tensile, compression, flexural, fatigue, impact, dynamic, torsional, and multi-axial loading. Their extensive product line is backed by a global infrastructure offering a broad range of local service capabilities including calibration, verification, training, technical support, and assistance with laboratory management.
Today, more than 75 years later, Instron is recognized as the global market leader in the materials testing industry, responsible for numerous industry firsts and continuously developing products and services to improve the testing experiences of our customers. Their systems are trusted by 95% of the world’s largest manufacturing companies to gather critical data, informing the design of components and materials.
Though many things have changed throughout the years, their core commitment remains the same. Instron is dedicated to providing leading-edge, best-in-class equipment and services to meet the clients mechanical testing needs. You will find that their established strength, commitment to their core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
Instron welcomes a highly motivated professional Field Service Engineer in the Netherlands whose work will reflect Instron’s commitment to total customer satisfaction.
Field Service Engineer
What are you going to do?
You are responsible for providing after-sales and warranty service in areas as specified by the Technical Supervisor. The services provided are to include installations, warranty, breakdown, contract servicing and calibration on the full range of Instron products.
This position is Field Based and you will be located in the West region of the Netherlands. The Field Service Engineer will also need to be prepared to travel and stay away from home at short notice within the Benelux region or internationally as required.
Key tasks & responsibilities
- Ensure that all requests for onsite service support for the Instron product range (including, but not limited to calibration, maintenance and basic troubleshooting) are dealt with in a prompt and professional manner and making certain that the service provided reduces the need for servicing to a minimum;
- Arrange servicing schedules in discussion with the Technical Supervisor and/or the Office Team, whilst also taking into consideration the needs of Sales;
- Contact customers within the time frame set by the Technical Supervisor, to determine the nature of the inquiry and to agree with the customer a visit date if required which then must be adhered to;
- Ensure that adequate preparation and planning is made before each visit, so that the job is completed correctly without the need for further follow up visits and in the most cost-efficient way;
- To make a full contribution to the company’s efforts to reduce costs and to improve quality;
- Be familiar with the company’s product life cycle in order to be able to advise customers regarding obsolescence;
- Deliver basic Instron software training to customers, when required;
- Responsible for quality of own work;
- Report on competitive equipment and activities at customer sites;
- Proactively look for leads for new machines, accessories and other services;
- Ensure all administration is accurate and up to date, to the latest company requirements using the tools provided and expenses and other paperwork are submitted within the required timeframe;
- Liaise with the Technical Supervisor on a daily basis in respect of all service issues;
- Contribute to the company’s efforts to improve customer satisfaction, reduce costs and improve quality using the ITW Toolbox and other processes as required;
- Perform other ad hoc duties as may from time to time be requested.
- Can work and think at an HBO (Bachelor) level and you have a technical engineering degree (MBO/HBO) in mechanical, mechatronics, electrical, electronic, hydraulics or equivalent with some experience in preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of electro mechanical and/or servo hydraulic systems;
- Prior field service experience strongly preferred;
- Experience with materials testing preferred, but not required;
- Are preferably living in the West region of the Netherlands;
- Fluency both verbal and written in Dutch and English;
- Previous field-based experience would be advantageous;
- Driving license without restrictions;
- Are able to travel and stay away from home at short notice.
Key competencies (includes skills)
- Basic awareness of costs and own impact on margin;
- Flexible, resilient, open minded;
- Computer literate;
- Customer oriented with an ability to deal with customers in a diplomatic manner;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent attitude and presentation;
- Well organized with good time management skills;
- Ability to work with the minimum of day-to-day supervision;
- Team player;
- Experience of working in environments like research laboratories, manufacturing plants and universities.
Most important is that you have experience in talking to customers who can be technicians, engineers, professors or managers.
What is the offer?
Take this opportunity to join a successful team where you can make an immediate impact.
Enjoy excellent on and off the job training, a competitive salary, company vehicle, appropriate tools/equipment, including a laptop computer and the assurance that you have the support of well-established and growing service operation.
If you have questions, please call Wijkamp Werkt at +31 6 10 33 96 51. Edward will tell you more about this interesting position and Instron.
Qualified applicants should send a resume to email@example.com
Om te solliciteren op deze vacature stuur je je sollicitatie naar firstname.lastname@example.org