The Hardware Architect is part of the hardware group, within the Product Development department. The Product Development department strives for on time delivery in an agile working environment.
The hardware group is a multidisciplinary and international located group focusing on Electrical Engineering; designing, developing and lay outing of PCBs, and Mechanical Engineering, designing and developing of (plastic) housing including User Experience, and Change Management.
- New Technologies
- Scouting new technologies. Based on that knowledge initiating new concepts and or algorithms.
- Hardware architecture for the different hardware platforms.
- Deploying the architecture and ensuring that the architecture is embedded within the team of hardware engineers.
- Testability and maintainability of the hardware architecture.
- Creating up to date documentation.
- Optimal Cost Efficiency of the hardware architecture including maintainability.
- Requirements Engineering
- A leading role in the Requirements Engineering (RE) process
- Continuously improve processes and work methods
- Designing, developing and continuously improving the architecture of the hardware platforms.
- Defining tests and building simple PCB prototypes when necessary.
- Confer the organisation regarding new technologies and initiating the future roadmap.
- Coaching of hardware engineers regarding architectural issues.
- Participating in multidisciplinary team (System, Firmware, Control Software and Mechanical Architects)
- Communicating with stakeholders and project managers regarding Requirements Engineering and explaining the architecture.
- Ensuring the architecture is according the legal/Bosch norms and (Safety) directives
- Bachelor or Master degree in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge and expertise of Agile work methods, e.g. SCRUM
- Knowledge of:
- Measurement techniques.
- Simulation tools
- Digital and analogue design
- Power supply design (Switch Mode Power Supply)
- System design and PCB routing
- EMC problem-solving and improvements
- showing the ability to systematically analyse complicated issues correctly and to derive necessary actions and decisions.
- Proficient in English (verbally and in writing), knowledge of German is preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of:
- Agile / Modular Hardware architecture.
- Norms and standards for low and high voltage.
- Safety-critical electronic design
- 3- 5 years working experience in an electrical hardware product development environment.
- Experienced in developing modular hardware architecture preferable in an agile development organization.
- Experienced in coaching people on technical issues.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Thinking in solutions instead of problems, and always looking for solutions to continuously improve the organisation
- Willing to take risk to seize an opportunity
- Leaves the established path and questions traditional views.
- Independent and decisive whilst showing a proactive mind-set
- Showing initiative and making things happen by having a clear picture of one’s own strength and own circle of influence.
- Confident and takes responsibility for one’s own decisions and actions.
- Specialist knowledge and recognized expertise
- The talent and willingness to acquire a very profound knowledge of a certain area.
- Drafting, presenting and moderating (structuring) with power of persuasion
- The ability to successfully and effectively convey complex issues to individuals and groups.
- Persuading others on ideas, processes, measures or products (e.g. role model, argumentation, motivation).